Saturday, January 29, 2011

Love, Community and Pink

 First a layer of craft pain, then I added Golden Quinacridone Magenta with a Recollections brayer with a flower design. I then added some Starbucks tissue paper but the words are very faint.
 Next I mixed the Golden Quinacridone Magenta and Titanium White and some acrylic medium and painted on and wiped some off and around on page with a babywipe- the "Paula" method:) or Journal Artista method. Then I stamped with a red Staz-on pad and a script stamp.
 Close-up but you still cant read the tissue paper words that are barely visible, they are in the lighter areas.
 Page 1 closeup
 Here is the Recollections brayer from Michaels, I went to a larger store out of town and they had two additional rollers with designs. The other is dots.
First time using my alphabet stamps and a new stamp of a woman with stars in her hair. This picture is a little washed out because the sun was shining so below is closeup out of the sun.

 This is a more realistic picture of the colors page 1.
Page 2 close up- the colors are more like the picture above, and near the bottom of the page. The lighting made the top of the page lighter.

Now to finish with journaling and doodling!

I have yet to complete a journal page. I am definitely a newbie beginner, still trying different papers, and different products learning how they work together. Today the challenge in the art journaling community is to do something pink with the theme of love and community. I've had a migraine mild to moderate the last 2 days, so I started my background and think I finished. The migraine increased, so it was time to sit on the couch and watch the stream-athon today :) My plan is to journal and do some zendoodling on the pages to finish. This way I can finish on the couch with my heating pad on :) I am also a beginner with the doodles so I may practice some first. I am posting the pages in progress. When I came downstairs, I was surprised that the beginning stages looked a lot like Jelliebeans who was on next. I added Starbucks tissue paper that is now nearly invisible... so sad because I loved the words! The tissue paper is the lighter areas of the page, these areas are  where I used a baby wipe to wipe off the paint :)

No comments:

Post a Comment